I am listening to Vivaldi‘s Four Seasons: Summer. I did this last night as well. I enjoy the Four Seasons in its entirety, but it is Summer that makes me yearn to reach for a life that is beyond the moments that are painful for me. For me pain, I realise, acts as a barrier. It shuts out my desires, my thoughts, and thus my words. The mind contained with the brain contained within the body then no longer belongs to me. It belongs to my pain. Why write about this today? Well, the title says it all. The small things in life make whatever pain I may be experiencing seem insignificant. I am reminded that it is temporary. That like the music of Vivaldi, I, too, will have my crescendo after this prolonged but momentary decrescendo–this is the nature of all things in life. We fall to rise, rise to fall. I am not so different than anyone else. Simply, my pain functions to punctuate the music of my life. It brings me back down to see the world from a place of quietness…stillness even. Slowly, the music of my life is building once again. It is a lovely thought.
So, where does this leave me. Well, simply that I feel more energized to write. The question mark of am-I-good-writer that is sometimes looming largely over my head is quite diminished. Now the question is what steps should I take to get published. Hmm? It seems easier said than done.
- NaNoWriMo Prep: Clear the Decks (12novels.com)
- Should You Do NaNoWriMo? (siripaulson.wordpress.com)
- Pros and Cons of NaNoWriMo, v2! (ishanamaya.wordpress.com)
- Are You Going to Participate in NaNoWriMo 2012? (wired.com)
- NaNoWriMo for the Uninitiated (zenscribbles.wordpress.com)
- Are You Up for a November Writing Challenge? (sweetmotherlover.wordpress.com)
- Thinking of NaNoWriMo (wrightwriter.wordpress.com)
- Author Interview with Self-Published Author, Heidi Garrett (paigenolley.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: A Few of My Favorite Things (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- What does Poetry mean to you? (gracegreenwoodauthor.wordpress.com)