Even if it is on a napkin, back of a business card, a body part or two, it doesn’t matter where…keep writing, keep believing in your ability to express.
NaNoWriMo is no different from everyday life. You set out to confront yourself and your reality. Sometimes you are successful in that confrontation. Sometimes you reach a compromise for that moment. Sometimes you concede. NaNoWriMo is not about perfection. It is about seeing how how much you can give to yourself and your imagination.
Too often we put other people and things before our individual desires. We neglect our hopes and dreams, believing that if we do so, we will receive the love of others. Well, NaNoWriMo is only 30 days…Can we give ourselves just that? Can we push pass words such as “selfish” and “self-centered?” Can we push ourselves that even while being a part of a community, we can reserve space for and take care of our individual needs?
So, what am I trying say? Well, I don’t mean to be preachy. Simply, set aside the time for writing…even if it is fifteen minutes. Fifty thousand words is not the goal. The goal is express what you can of yourself.
Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” is a song that gets me excited about possibilities. I listen to it whenever I am feeling like giving up or admitting utter defeat. I listen to it to challenge myself into taking the next step. I hope you will listen to it, and find it helpful too.
Until next time!
Pick your version! 🙂
- NaNoWriMo – A Review of the First Day (asilisis.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Can you write a novel in a month? (telegraph.co.uk)
- NaNoWriMo collective experiment update (themodernmanuscript.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2012! (girlwiththefez.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Day 2 (spontaneousderivation.com)
- Oh dear……. #NaNoWriMo (zaraawritingstory.wordpress.com)
- No NaNoWriMo For Me (thewearywriter.com)
2 thoughts on “NaNoWriMo: Don’t stop…”